Leeuwin Estate Art Series Magnum 1.5L Cabernet Sauvignon
Tasting note: Blackcurrants, cherries, dried cranberries and Satsuma plums feature on the nose at the forefront. Bay leaf, cinnamon, cardamom, cedar and clove combine with heightened lavender notes and hints of fresh tobacco. The palate is fine with a mineral thread. It is elegant and delicately layered. Blackcurrant and cherries feature again with a subtle cassis edge. The mid palate has supple flesh with cocoa, coffee bean and cassia leading to a graphite line and powdery tannins.
Leeuwin Estate, one of the founding wineries of the now famous Margaret River district of Western Australia was established in 1973 with its mission statement to: “Produce wines that rank with the best in the world through the pursuit of excellence”. Leeuwin Estate consistently produces wines that rank with the world’s finest. Under the direction of two generations of the founding family, who work alongside a dedicated team of winemakers, Leeuwin exports to over 30 markets and is proud to be named amongst the great icon wines of the world and be firmly placed on the international stage.
• Wine & Spirits named Leeuwin Estate a 'Top 100 Winery of the Year'.
• Art Series Chardonnay achieves 2 times Top 100 of Wine Spectator, 99 pts Halliday Wine Companion, etc.
• Art Series Cabernet Sauvignon achieves Top 100 of Wine & Spirits, Top 50 of Decanter, 97 pts Halliday Wine Companion, etc.
• In Australia, Leeuwin remained a five-star winery in the Halliday Wine Companion.
• Restaurant No. 7, Top 50 West Australian Restaurants in the WA Good Food Guide