Lifted, lively and elegant, the nose is a myriad of red cherries, currants, boysenberries and plums. Cumin, dried sage and star anise combine with subtle savoury oak characters. The palate is lively and full of energy with balanced and bright acidity. Currants and red cherries are prominent throughout with hints of clove and mocha present on the mid palate. There is a mineral line towards the finish that meets gently structured talc-like tannins.
Leeuwin Estate, one of the founding wineries of the now famous Margaret River district of Western Australia was established in 1973 with its mission statement to: “Produce wines that rank with the best in the world through the pursuit of excellence”. Leeuwin Estate consistently produces wines that rank with the world’s finest. Under the direction of two generations of the founding family, who work alongside a dedicated team of winemakers, Leeuwin exports to over 30 markets and is proud to be named amongst the great icon wines of the world and be firmly placed on the international stage.
• Wine & Spirits named Leeuwin Estate a 'Top 100 Winery of the Year'.
• Art Series Chardonnay achieves 2 times Top 100 of Wine Spectator, 99 pts Halliday Wine Companion, etc.
• Art Series Cabernet Sauvignon achieves Top 100 of Wine & Spirits, Top 50 of Decanter, 97 pts Halliday Wine Companion, etc.
• In Australia, Leeuwin remained a five-star winery in the Halliday Wine Companion.
• Restaurant No. 7, Top 50 West Australian Restaurants in the WA Good Food Guide