Tasting note: The nose is energetic, precise and finite with remarkable clarity and purity. Lime, lemon pith, grapefruit and Nashi pear are the hallmark fruits present. Delicate notes of jasmine, cardamom pod, flint, wet stone, blanched almonds and rice wafer give subtle complexity in the background.
The shape and frame of the palate is the highlight; volume, combined with length and a mineral acid line threaded in between. Grapefruit, pear and lemon are set in the foreground amongst nougat, brioche, cinnamon and graphite. Wine with incredible poise and presence, with a long life ahead.
Leeuwin Estate, one of the founding wineries of the now famous Margaret River district of Western Australia was established in 1973 with its mission statement to: “Produce wines that rank with the best in the world through the pursuit of excellence”. Leeuwin Estate consistently produces wines that rank with the world’s finest. Under the direction of two generations of the founding family, who work alongside a dedicated team of winemakers, Leeuwin exports to over 30 markets and is proud to be named amongst the great icon wines of the world and be firmly placed on the international stage.
• Wine & Spirits named Leeuwin Estate a 'Top 100 Winery of the Year'.
• Art Series Chardonnay achieves 2 times Top 100 of Wine Spectator, 99 pts Halliday Wine Companion, etc.
• Art Series Cabernet Sauvignon achieves Top 100 of Wine & Spirits, Top 50 of Decanter, 97 pts Halliday Wine Companion, etc.
• In Australia, Leeuwin remained a five-star winery in the Halliday Wine Companion.
• Restaurant No. 7, Top 50 West Australian Restaurants in the WA Good Food Guide